Learn to Sew with Jacqui
Local tailor Jacqui returns to Betty’s to teach another sewing course. It is aimed at complete beginners or those returning to brush up on their sewing skills. You’ll learn everything you need to use a sewing machine and start stitching!
Jacqui will start by taking you through the very basics, from how to thread up your machine to setting your stitch length and correcting your tension. You’ll practice these and slowly build up your skills.
At the end of the course you’ll have made a beautiful tote bag using canvas and lined with our beautiful liberty fabric. The bag will reflect many different techniques such as a pocket, invisible zip, button holes and a variety of different seams.
Small class sizes of up to 4 people ensure you get maximum guidance and give you everything you need to to start sewing solo.
Classes are 3 hours long and all materials and equipment is provided.
Workshops and COVID-19
To ensure that the workshops we run remain safe, we are taking a few precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All participants must wear a mask.
- Workshop leader will wear a mask and visor.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout.
- We will lower the numbers to 4 people (maximum) per workshop. This will allow everyone to have their own table and social distancing is observed.
- A table service will be provided for food and drinks.
- Workspace will be sanitised between workshops.
We’re doing everything we can to keep workshops as safe as possible and we ask you to follow the above guidelines. Through booking a session you are agreeing to observe these measures.
COVID-19 measures are subject to change based on up to date government guidelines.