Our local dressmaker and qualified Tailor Jacqui, returns to teach this dressmaking course. The Stevie Dress from Tilly and the Buttons, is so versatile to wear and a cinch to make (with Jacqui!). Take the opportunity to brush up on your sewing skills.
WHO’S IT FOR
Beginners who need a little extra support with sewing skills – those people wanting to start making their own handmade wardrobe, and an excellent chance to share sewing ‘hacks’ to make individual items.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- How to choose your size from your pattern
- How to customise adjust your pattern for length of your skirt
- How to lay your fabric out and consider pattern placement including grainlines
- How to construct pockets
- Top stitch techniques
- How to create an even, neat hem
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Fabric for your dress – Depending on your size 2m – 2.5m
- contrasting fabric for facings and tie – fabric will be available at the shop with a 15% discount for class members.
- all other notions are included
- A light lunch and tea/coffee on Saturday.
- Stevie dress pattern – value £15.50
The Stevie Dress can be made with light to medium weight wovens such as linen, chambray, denim, twill, poplin and structured cottons. Can also work with our floater fabrics such as our new viscose fabrics – oh go on treat yourself with our new Liberty Tana Lawn prints!