Make a Summer Sun Dress in one day (possibly two): Saturday July 31st, 10 – 4pm
Local Master Taylor Jacqui Luker will lead this Skye dress workshop!
Reach for this throw-it-on sundress on those sticky, hot summer days in Ashbourne (?) when you don’t know what else to wear, or layer it up over a t-shirt as the sun goes down. The easy-fitting empire waist bodice is gently shaped with pleats under the bust and has a neat bias binding finish on the inside.
The slightly square scoop neckline is designed to cover a bra, with optional bra strap stays for added security. Add the optional faux ties to the straps for an extra touch of whimsy. Choose from mini-, knee- or maxi-length hemlines for the floaty, gathered skirt. And, of course, it has side seam pockets for your ice cream money!
Skye includes Tilly and the Buttons’ award-winning beginner-friendly instructions, with colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
who’s it for?
Beginners who need a little extra support with sewing skills – those people wanting to start making their own handmade wardrobe, and an excellent chance to share sewing ‘hacks’ to make individual items.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- How to choose your size from your pattern
- How to customise adjust your pattern for length of your dress.
- How to lay your fabric out and consider pattern placement including grainlines
- How to construct pockets
- Top stitch techniques
- How to create an even, neat hem
WHAT YOU WILL Need:
- Fabric (bring your own or choose from our range at 15%discount)
- Matching and contrast thread (Most in workroom but you may want to buy your own to match)
- 8m (3 1/8yd) x 10-13mm (3/8-1/2in) wide single fold bias binding OR 0.4m (1/2yd) extra fabric (such as lightweight cotton) to make your own
- Optional: 2.6m (2 7/8yd) iron-on seam tape
- Small piece of iron-on interfacing (in the workroom)
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Light- to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton lawn, poplin, seersucker, lighter-weight linen and blends, double gauze, viscose (rayon), lyocell (Tencel), silk or poly crepe de chine.
- all other notions are included
- A light lunch and tea/coffee on Saturday.
- Skye dress pattern – value £15.50
3 Left In Stock