24th April & 1st, 8th, 15th May: Make the Perfect Skirt
Our resident Fashionista and sewing Guru Jacqui, will lead this 4 week course on how to make the perfect skirt.
- Make a fitted skirt with waist facing, adjusted to fit.
- Using the Butterick pattern B5466.
- Make a calico toile from the pattern, adjust the fit and then use this to make up the skirt.
- Advise on suitable fashion fabric to buy to make up the skirt.
- Have help laying out and cutting the pattern, an explanation of pattern markings.
- Use a choice of seam finishes such as Hong Kong finishes, bias binding or over locking.
- Instruction on insertion of an invisible zip.
- Add details of a kick pleat, in seam pockets or patch pockets if desired.
- Use of stay tape in the waist facing.
- Professional hem finish.
- Advise of how to alter your pattern in the future to add yokes, flare, button band, lining etc.
Take away these skills and the personally adjusted pattern to use again and again to strut your stuff!
Included are the pattern and fabric for the toile (calico). You may also buy fabric from the shop with a 10% discount for this project (including liberty fabric)
This will be 4 consecutive Wednesday mornings, and will run from 10am – 1pm including tea & cake.
6 Places Remaining