Say hello to Bobbi, a button-down skirt or pinafore that’s both classic and bang on trend. Endlessly versatile, it looks so different depending on the fabric you pick and the details you add. Go utility chic with a choice of three pockets, optional flaps and belt loops – or leave them off for an understated look.
It has a flattering shape thanks to the curved fitted waistband, princess seams at the back and slim-look bib on the pinafore. Bobbi will be a go-to garment in your me-made wardrobe.
Bobbi includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN – You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL – Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics that hold their shape such as denim, corduroy, cotton canvas, drill, gobelin (tapestry), or velvet.
- Fabric (see above)
- 0.6 m (5/8 yd) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- 15mm (5/8in) buttons with shank: skirt – 6; pinafore – 9 for sizes 1-4, 10 for sizes 5-10, plus 2-3 extra buttons for optional flap pockets
- Pinafore version: 2 x30-35mm (1¼-1½in) wide dungaree buckles
- For pinafore and/or hip pocket versions: 0.4m (1/2yd) medium weight cotton for pocket lining
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot